1. I never (repeat never) get ready before taking Libby to school. This means I drive in my jammers and pray like crazy that I don't have a wreck and am forced to stand on the side of the road in slippers and a t-shirt circa 1995.
2. So we made Hollyn give her pacis to Santa. Talked it up for months. And then she got the flu the week of Christmas, so we let her keep one in exchange for our sanity. We vowed that it would magically disappear after New Year's Eve. Here we are, January 24th, and I can't take it away. Not because I'm sentimental or don't want to hurt her feelings (it is, in fact, in her best interest to NOT go to kindergarten or college with a paci in her mouth), but because I need sleep. Terrible, I know.
3. If I am at home and do not need to be somewhere within an hour, you can guarantee that I am in my jammers. I can't stand to get dressed and sit around. If I'm showered and dressed, I feel an overwhelming urge to get out of the house.
4. One night in college, I was having a really bad day. By 'day', I mean month. And my best friends, in an attempt to make me feel better, asked me what they could do, what would make me feel better. My answer? The beach. So we loaded up, drove all night, spent breakfast in the sand, and drove back. True story.
5. At the age of thirty-three, I still eat spaghetti-o's on a regular basis and turn up my nose at broccoli ...and brussel sprouts....and asparagus....and lima beans....and salad...and a lot of other things.
6. When I see a daddy loving on his little girl, it makes me long for something I never had. Not in a jealous kind of way, but in an 'I truly hope she realizes that is special and appreciates it' kind of way.
7. My car? We bought it on E-bay. For real.
8. In my opinion, watching 'The Goonies' while sipping on a fountain coke is an ideal Friday night.
9. I am genuinely disappointed when I finish a good book. While reading the last Harry Potter book for the first time, I literally forced myself to take a thirty minute break before starting the last hundred pages. I just didn't want it to be over....I still don't want it to be over.
10. I like my music loud. Real loud. Like you can't hear over it to have a conversation kind of loud. And apparently Libby likes her music that way too. Whoops.
11. Sometimes I seriously wish I could wear my daughters' clothes. They are just so darn cute. Totally not fair.
12. The other night I dreamed I went to the movies, met Katie Holmes, and became her bff. It was awesome.
13. Sometimes I just don't cook dinner. Instead, we eat like scavengers on whatever we can find. I like to think of it as 'creative dinner-ing'. This may or may not be the case in my house tonight; I'll never tell.
14. I can talk to you for hours on end about Africa, orphan care, and the poverty crisis, but ask me about reality television and I will just smile and nod. Ain't nobody got time for that.
15. I'd rather eat dirt than have my picture taken.
16. Three years ago, I had a conversation with a friend. She asked me where I'd want to go if I could go anywhere. Africa didn't even enter my mind. In fact, I distinctly remember thinking NOT Africa. My how things can change.
17. I honestly hate my hair. We're talking true detest here. It's horrid. So on the rare occasion that someone tells me she likes it or that it's great, I momentarily question her tastes..and perhaps her sanity. And no, that's not my real hair in the picture at the start of this post. But I kind wish it was.
18. Handwritten notes, coffee, and meaningful conversations pretty much sum up my love language.
19. I played John Mayer, James Taylor, and The Beatles for Libby while she in my belly. She now loves all three. Coincidence? I think not.
20. I'd rather wear a t-shirt, jeans, and my green Converses than just about anything else. You can keep your heels and skirts. I'm perfectly content dressing like a teenage boy, thanks.
Enough about me. Now it's your turn. I'm a t-total funk today, and comments make this girl H A P P Y. Leave a confession in the comments. Do it for me.
Feeling brave? Leave your name.
Not so much? Leave it anonymously.